Been anywhere you found so interesting or significant? Writing about your experience can win you something. Read on.And don't ask me for the prize, it seems it's the opportunity to be published.
Homestead Publishing, exclusive publishers of travel literature, will release an Anthology of Travel Writing on Nigeria in 2010. As such management has instituted a Travel Writing contest open to all Nigerians, home and abroad, who have a travel story to share.
- All subjects will be considered: destination profiles, sight-seeing and recreation trips, festivals, coronations, recollections of place, vacation spots, historical and architectural landmarks, and so on.
- All submissions, however, must be engaging, descriptive and factual, fun-to-read and engaging; the travelogues and narratives must also reflect a sense of place.
- Submissions should be at least 1000 words long but must not exceed 2,000 words. Poems are excluded from this contest.
- Entrants may submit more than one story. And all such stories may either be already-published pieces or previously unpublished.
- A panel of three non-fiction writers will sieve through all submissions and select the best 25 entries for the proposed anthology.
- Competition open to all Nigerians who can communicate their thoughts effectively in writing
- Entries to be typed (single spacing) on A4-size MS Word page.
- Submissions must include a short bio of the author, title of submission, address (physical and email), sex and telephone numbers.
- Homestead Publishing retains the right to edit and publish all/ a selection of short listed entries on its website (www.journeysaroundnigeria.net), magazine and its future publications. Writers will, of course, retain copyrights to their entries.
Deadline: All entries must reach us on or before 30th January 2010.
Send your submissions to: firstname.lastname@example.org OR email@example.com
For enquiries call: +234 803 973 2757