Ebedi International Writer’s Residency is administered by EBEDI International Writers Resort. Located in the idyllic scenery of Iseyin town in Iseyin local government area of Oyo State Nigeria, the Ebedi Resort provides an inspiring ambience to churn out creative works away from the rigours and bustle of everyday work and life.
The residency whose Patron is Dr. Wale Okediran, will be administered by the Ebedi’s Writers Residency Management Board under the Chairperson of Maryam Ali Ali. Other members of the board are Akintayo Abodurin, Uche Peter Umez, Tokunbo Okediran and Alkasim Abdulkadir as Secretary to the board.
Ebedi Writers Residency is a well furnished 4 bedroom Bungalow complete with Kitchen, bathroom and Patio area.A standby generator and water bole facilities as well security arrangements are also available. A large well landscaped compound and the adjoining hills will complement a beautiful Writers Resort.
The Writer-in-resident shall be granted a stay not more than six weeks.
The Management Board shall also provide the writer with a grant enough to cover feeding and incidental expenses during course of stay.
How to Apply
All applicants must specify two preferences for the time of their residency; successful applicants will be offered the first available spot in accordance to their preference.
To apply, please send in the following:
- Biographical sketch including publications, performances and writing credits
- Ten page sample of your latest work.
- One-page description of the work to be undertaken while at the Residency
- Two letters of recommendation e-mailed directly to the e-mail address mentioned above
- If the applicant has a publishing contract for the project in process, he/ she should kindly state this.
- Ebedi’s Writers Residency is open to both writers based in Nigeria and international writers who have published books in the categories of novels, short stories, poetry or plays.
- Writers should have a specific project they will be developing or completing at the Residency.
- Selected writers will be expected to contribute to the Iseyin Community's educational development by organizing a literary activity such as a writing workshop or literary competition among the students of a secondary school in the town during the duration of the program.
- Regardless of the country of origin, the applicant must be fluent in speaking English.
- Ebedi Writers’ Residency program mainly focuses on the professional experience of writers, quality of past work and their potential to have a productive time while they are residents.
- Major factors in making the selection will be the literary achievement of the applicant to date and the ability to produce a work of substantial literary quality. The Management Board will make the final selection of two (2) for each Residency Season.
More on Ebedi on their website.
This is what you all have bee waiting for: an escape. C'mon apply! Kudos to the Ebedi Crew to...this is a very welcome development!