So, it's Friday. Thank God it's Friday. Here's some prize you may be interested in...if you have an unpublished book.
The Tibor Jones Pageturner Prize was born out of a desire to discover and promote new and exciting writers, to celebrate compelling new voices in fiction. Entrants for the prize must have completed, or be close to completing, a novel. The fiction can embrace any genre, the story and the writing should be distinctive, absorbing and, above all, Pageturning.
The winner will receive representation plus £1000, and will be announced at the 2011 London Book Fair.
All submissions must be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Entries for the 2011 Tibor Jones Pageturner Prize can be submitted from Tuesday 4th January 2011 until Tuesday 8th March 2011. Any novel submitted after the deadline will not be eligible for entry.
- A shortlist will be released on Monday 21st March 2011.
- The competition is open to writers of any nationality writing in English. There is no restriction on theme or style.
- You may enter multiple times but novels will be considered as separate entries so typically a single submission of your strongest pageturner is preferable.
- The winning novel must not have been published previously in any form. If you enter your novel in other competitions and you win, please notify us and withdraw your submission.
Deadline: 8 March 2011
Check here for more information. All the best!