...Here's an opportunity to fly on the wings of creativity. This competition is sponsored by Guerrilla Basement, Beautiful Wings blog, and Obinna Udenwe, author of The Dancing Bird. And yes, Bookaholic Blog is a sponsor as well. Well, we would give a copy of Stephen Kings "On Writing" to one of the winning writers. Just our way of putting our books where our mouths are :)
Creative Wings is launching its first ever short story competition, with the aim of encouraging budding African writers. The inaugural contest is now open. Deadline for submission is AUGUST 15, 2011.
- Stories must be previously unpublished and must be the exclusive work of the entrant.
- Stories must be 600 words or less.
- Entry is free.
- Only one submission per entrant is permitted.
- Only online submissions are acceptable.
- Entries should be emailed to email@example.com. Paste story in the body of the e-mail. Use 'CreativeWings Contest' in the subject line. Entries with attachments will be disqualified.
- The email must contain the entrant's name, the title of story, and the entrant's physical address and contact phone number.
- Simultaneous submissions are NOT acceptable.
- Writers are not restricted to any theme.
- Entries must be in English.
- The judge will select two winners who will be given two books each. one prize winner will get a copy of Stephen King's On Writing, an autographed copy of Helon Habila’s award winning book and The Dancing Bird by Obinna Udenwe. Another Prize Winner will get an autographed copy of Diana Evans’ award winning book 26a and Obinna Udenwe’s debut novel, The Dancing Bird.
- The winning stories will also be published on Guerilla Basement, YNaija and the Bookaholic Blog.
- The competition will be judged by Ose Ndebbio who teaches literature and language arts. She is also a member of the freelance writers association, Manchester.