Sentinel Nigeria is an online magazine of contemporray Nigerian writing. Sentinel Literary Movement of Nigeria was established on November 15, 2009 as the Nigerian chapter of Sentinel Poetry Movement which was founded in December 2002 by Nnorom Azuonye. Read more here.
- Poems: Submit up to 6 poems on any subject of 60 lines or less, or a long poem up to 200 lines plus 2 shorter poems.
- Fiction: Submit Short Stories, or Excerpts from Novels on any subject or theme up to 8,000 words long.
- Essays: Academic essays may be up to 10,000 words long.
- Reviews and Interviews: These may be up to 3000 long.
- All materials submitted must be in English Language. We encourage poems written in Nigerian languages as long as they are sent together with appropriate translations.
- Previously Published Work: Generally we discourage submissions of previously published work. If we feel strongly about a previously published work we may solicit it. If your work has been published elsewhere and you feel it has not been given the exposure it deserves, and you feel strongly about it, by all means submit it, but please mention where and when it was first published.
Read more here.