Monday, November 9, 2009

What are you reading?

Do you ever feel like you are so busy as a writer that you don't have to read? Like there are so many articles, stories, poems and plays that are burning to be written down for yourself, blog, competition or even school?

Does you reading consist of online clicks between blogs, newspaper sites, emails, facebook and messenger? Does reading about a book or its review make you feel like you know the book?

If you have answered yes to any of the questions above, then you're not alone. I sometimes feel like that like I am too busy to read a proper book or even a full newspaper piece because of pressing deadlines of 21st century living.

That is one reason why I admire dediacated book club members like those that are featured in the Penguin newsletter. Remember sometime ago, I asked if you would all be interested and the general response was yes.

So starting from November, we will have our own online book club. Every month, wee'll try something new maybe a not so popular author or a different genre.

It is important to read as good writers as the greatest writers are the best readers.

I suggest we read a children's book this month to stir up memories of when we just discovered the joy of reading a real book.

Please leave your suggestions and comments as we will be deciding on the title by this Friday.

2 comments:

  1. this is an interesting concept. Would it be a web-based book club? I love this. I find it difficult to write when I am reading and read when I am writing. thanks for this...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to the club, but i WONDER WHAT IF WE CAN'T FIND THE BOOK OURSELVES? Would it be online?

    ReplyDelete