NaijaStories.com is pleased to announce another online writing contest titled “The Christmas Nostalgia Project”. The purpose in running this particular contest is to encourage the writing of Narrative Non-fiction and also celebrate the season. While we love the massive increase in the number of fiction pieces submitted to the site, there is just something heartwarming about reading true to life recollections.
In Nigeria, only politicians and war generals seem to write or need (auto)biographies, but this should not be the case. In order to prevent collective amnesia, a communities memory is painted in by the personal stories of the individuals that make it up. Naijastories therefore, wants to encourage memoirs, diaries, and non-fiction of the personal variety. As a start, we are keying in to the Christmas spirit, and hereby call for entries recounting experiences of Christmas past in Nigeria, either as a child or an adult.
Dates for Contest:
The contest opens December 12 and submissions end on January 5th 2012.
First round Polls – January 6th – 12th
Judging – January 6th – January 12th
Final Judging – January 13th to January 19th 2012
The winner will be announced by January 20th 2012.
There will be one (3) overall winners in this contest.
First Prize – 100,000 points ($100)
Second Prize – 70,000 points ($70)
Third Prize – 30,000 points ($30)
There will also be 7 consolation prizes of 1000 points each
1. You must be a registered member of Naijastories.com.
2. Submit your entry as a post with a title that defines your entry.
3. In the body of the post, provide the following;
a, the year and location in which the incident you’re recounting happened,
b, since we cannot determine your reality or fiction, the only rule is that the entry must be written in the first person, “I”,
c, stories should be set in or around the month of December or the 25th specifically,
d, we encourage happy or funny recollections but this is not mandatory .
4. Your entry should be between 500 and 1000 words.
5. Put the entry in the category of “Christmas Nostalgia” and press the button, “Submit for Review”.
There will have 3 stages for determining the winner;
Stage 1. – All the entries that meet the contest rules will be put to the public poll.
Stage 2. – At the same time, the Naija Stories team will score all the accepted entries. This will be added to votes polled on NaijaStories.com to select the top 10 entries. These will proceed to the last round.
Stage 3. – Ikhide Ikheloa will select the winners. (Read about Ikhide HERE)
- The initial site editor will make sure that entries stick to the criteria of non-fiction and the use of first person.
- Second round judges will be checking for clean use of the English language, so polish your grammar and keep typos to a minimum please! We will also be looking for creativity, so go on and give it your all.
- The final judge will be looking for great writing. Be genuine! Be unique! Be original! Use this as an opportunity to pay tribute to the best/worst/funniest Christmas of your life.
If you have any questions, please send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
I can provide both outcall and incall service. VIP Escorts in Dubai, Escorts in Dubai, VIP Escorts , Call Girl, MassageReplyDelete