Jude Dibia recently judged the Sentinel Literary Quarterly Short Story Competition (April 2011), the results of which will be announced on April 30th, 2011. Mr Dibia however forwent his judge’s fee insisting rather that Sentinel must use his fees to promote literature as we have been doing. We have therefore decided to hold a book review competition in 2011 and 2012 known as the Sentinel Nigeria/Jude Dibia Fiction Review Competition.
The requirements are simple.
1. Buy any novel written by a Nigerian published between June 1, 2010 and May 31st 2011
2. Read the book and write a critical review not less than 1,000 words but not more than 1,500 words.
3. Submit the review to email@example.com make sure that in the subject line you specify SENTINEL NIGERIA/JUDE DIBIA FICTION REVIEW COMPETITION 2011
4. Deadline for submission is 30th September, 2011.
5. Sylva Ifedigbo, Sentinel Nigeria’s Features & Reviews Editor will judge the reviews and shortlist 6 reviews. All shortlisted reviews will be published in the November 2011 issue of Sentinel Nigeria.
More information here. All the best people!