Monday, February 27, 2012

iRead: Romance on the Bookshelf Part 4

We are now concluding our iRead: Romance on the Bookshelf series today (shed a tear!)..we hoped you enjoyed it. And to say goodbye we are leaving you with a short story and novel excerpt from Lara Daniels

Thorns with Roses
I once attended a wild party where I had an unusual encounter. It came in the form of a one night stand.
I was a twenty-two year old student, sent to the US to get my MBA so I could take over my father’s thriving business someday. My girlfriend whom I’d whimsically thought would become my future wife decided to break up with me on that same night, leaving me for some white boy. I was angry, so angry that I drank myself to a stupor and demanded right then that Wale, my closest friend and designated safe driver for the night take me back to his place, since it was closer to the party’s venue.
I woke up the next morning in Wale’s bed to find a naked woman beside me. From the sweaty smells and my clothes littering the floor, I knew we’d had sex, even though I had no recollection of the act.
Read the rest of this tale at Radical Chic 

Love at Dawn
By Lara Daniels

Love at Dawn is the romance-suspense tale of forgiveness and redemption set in Lara Daniels’ fictional country of Zamzudan in East Africa. It is the first of four sequels to Love in paradise. It narrates the love story of Tory Da-Silva ( a beauty born into a family of privilege)  and Rashad Macaulay ( a man born into poverty, yet rising literally from grass to riches).
Tory Da-Silva meets broody Rashad Macaulay for the first time and vows to make him hers. However, the price she’ll pay for this quest will carry consequences of shame and guilt. Nine years later, temperamental Tory  becomes a fiery beauty and multimillionaire Rashad cannot fight his deep desires for her. All seems set for Tory’s dream to come true. But there is a  dark secret she keeps from Rashad that may be the one thing that could tear them apart – all which makes for a good suspense within a romance novel.
This novel was described as an emotional roller coaster by Myne Whitman, author of a heart to mend. It has also received top positive reviews from US Review of books, from top African blogger – Tolu Popoola (aka Favored girl) and from editors of African Goddess online. Even the editor s at Penguin books south Africa described it as “Readable and well-engaging”.

No comments:

Post a Comment