The Kenyon Review will publish the winning short story in the Winter 2010 issue, and the author will be awarded a scholarship to attend the 2009 Writers Workshop, June 20th to the 27th, in beautiful Gambier, Ohio.
* Writers must 30 years of age or younger at the time of submission.
* Stories must be no more 1200 words in length.
* One submission per entrant.
* Please do not simultaneously submit your contest entry to another magazine or contest.
* The submissions link will be active February 1st to February 28th. All work must be submitted through our electronic system. We cannot accept paper submissions.
* Winners will be announced in the late spring. You will receive an e-mail notifying you of any decisions regarding your work.
The final judge will be Richard Ford, acclaimed author of the Frank Bascombe trilogy, including the novels The Sportswriter, Independence Day, and The Lay of the Land. He is also the author of numerous short story collections, including the seminal collection Rock Springs, and editor of The Granta Book of the American Short Story.
For more information, visit: http://www.kenyonreview.org/contests-sf.php
You can read winning entries for the 2008 Contest here: