Monday, June 8, 2009

Rejection is not the end of the world: Tricia Nwaubani

Book Details

Adaobi Tricia Nwaubani, I Do Not Come to you by Chance

Hyperion, 2009

416 pages.
















A writer recounts (in a witty way) how she got her debut I Do Not Come to You by Chance published by Hyperion in America against all odds...this just seems to echoe Sigauke's words 'Shut up and write.' 

We believe that when your writing is good enough, you will get published (though that's neither a piece of cake nor a pie in the sky). Rejection letters only mean there's a better way to get the story told. Dear Bookaholics, let's find that way! 

Share your best and worst writing and publishing stories/rules with us but not after reading the piece here.

3 comments:

  1. A nice and interesting blog. Thanks for checking out mine. I look forward to you being a frequent visitor.
    Shurufu
    http://africanbambataa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a good one. I don't get what the book's about though...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did a book review on this on my blog, it is a good read, check it out--http://naijadaydreamer.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete